Our client’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Their Core Values reflect how they manage their work, their relationships and themselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to the Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. The Core Values are the standards by which they conduct themselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.The IS Assurance Senior Associate is responsible for planning of IS audit process and completion of testing and analysis of client software systems. In this role, the IS Assurance Senior Associate will be charged with documenting and testing general controls in a wide range of technology environments to analyze system security and access controls, backup recovery procedures, IS organization and administration practices. Additionally, the IS Assurance Senior Associate will be responsible for planning and executing testing related to Service Organization Controls (SOC) reporting engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant field required
- Masters in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Two (2 to three (3) years of experience in information systems, internal audit, SEC reporting and risk/fraud assessment required
- One (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience required
- Prior experience working within a public accounting and internal auditing environment
- Prior experience performing general and application control reviews
- CPA, CISA, CISSP and/or CFE certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with industry software such as PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, IDEA, Lawson, Oracle Financials, Great Plains, Solomon IV and MAS/90-500, UNIX, OS400 or ERP application software packages highly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments including handling multiple tasks frequently in a timely manner
- Must be professional, resourceful, flexible, action oriented, organized, team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff
- Detailed knowledge of internal accounting controls, audit process and professional standards and regulations (i.e. GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
- Knowledge of Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) framework developed by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices
- Exposure to management information systems terminology, concepts, controls andpractices
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Experience with networking; exposure to system security packages
- Experience in performing new systems development audits, or related work experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org